Saturday, May 19, 2007

in regards to a former fabolous sport.

A couple of realizations/observations that came to me while watching Fabolous, Diddy, and Jagged Edge's contribution to the Barber Shop soundtrack:

-Fab, what the fuck happened? You used to have these types of things on smash! Up until that horrendous showing on Omarion's "Ice Box" remix, I would hear any enjoyable new mid-to high tempo r & b joint (male or female) and think, "If Fab was on that shit, it'd be a monster." Now, I just hope that Kanye, Kellz or Weezy (or if I'm super lucky, Andre 3000) drops by and handles the obligitory r & b cameo duties.


-I still want to be in a worthwhile and long-lasting relationship with the blonde spanish girl with the Knicks throwback on. (Those rollerskates!)

-I still want to be in a worthwhile and long-lasting relationship with Fab's Jordan 7's. Real talk.

-Bandana over fitted never really caught on, eh? I still wonder why.

-DJ Clue has never been cool. A legendary mixtape figure? Yes. A cool guy? Nope. Not remotely.
(For any further evidence, rent Backstage. If you haven't seen it, shame on you anyways. Pre-peak era Hov, DMX in his prime and Amil spottings. As well as Iceberg sweaters before Lot 29 came and tried to slay the game with "Human Crack" Santana. "A!")

-The Vancouver Grizzles jersey that dude from Jagged Edge is worth like, $46 right now. (Always opt for the Aqua!)

-Another thing, where the fuck is Jagged Edge! (That track with Nivea was pure fire.)

-Wait, where the fuck is Nivea? Still sprung off of Weezy? Damn.

-Why would that little tv in the sand be playing Barber Shop? Besides that fact that it could probably only pick up like three local stations, with mad static, why would channel 4 or whatever be playing Barber Shop. That movie is terrible.

-DIDDY IS GREEDY. HE NEEDS ALL THE GIRLS.

-The blue and yellow Rams jerseys were so dope.

-"...word to Big Poppa/I gotcha"

-In case anybody didn't know, Diddy is probably my favorite person ever. I can easily understand how K. West wants to be like him. So do I. I have since I was about 10 or 11. There is nothing sad about that at all.

-But with that said, I know that Biggie was dead and all (and still is), but that painting (airbrush?) looks like one of the ones that you would pick up in front of the movie theater in the Bronx. Go to the theater on 161st and I'm pretty that there are ones with T.I. and Beyonce on them.

-Official throwback count now (2:36 in) stands at 476.

-Stephon! Post-chain snatching. Ugh. Pre-$15 kicks. Honestly, I'd rather get my chain robbed at the stop light than wear those.

-"Cucumber stones." Next. Level. Shit.

-Hey Fab, put your ears in your weird bandana/du-rag hybris please. Thanks.

-Oh! Tom (Cruise) and Penelope (Cruz) reference! Cyeah! (Vanilla Sky was as bad as Barber Shop 2.)

-LOON! (I know people who still want waves like his.)

-There she goes again. With a cute, 60's girl group flip in her hair. Marry me.

-Somehow, I've never tasted Hypnotiq. How is that possible?

-The statement about Fab's Jordan 7's (the white & turquoise ones) holds true for the black & purple ones.



No comments: