Monday, December 3, 2007

et fin.

As the year rapidly approaches it's end, I think that I'll try to amass some the (very few) things that I liked that happened to have come out this year.
Because I listen to so much old stuff, the new things that keep my attention are usually pretty bad ass. FACT.

Anywhoo, I'll be doing this over a number of days, seeing as how I have to search through iTunes and sort the 2007 shit out. Some of these might not be from 2007 though (ha!) I'm making exception for 2006 things that I reall came to love this year, like the song below.

This is one of my favorite melodies ever. Anybody who has heard me ramble for hours on end about jams knows that I don't care much for what is being said the first 100 times I hear something that I
like (sometimes later come to love,) it's usually the melody that kills me. No exception for Grizzly Bear's "Knife."

This shit is one of the most gorgeous things done since the millennium has begun, hands down.

"Oh yeah and we've chilled with Clipse. Take that!"

The part about back-stabbing (quite literally) was all but lost on me until I heard semi-shitty covers by CSS and Born Ruffians (they have their own awesome 2006/2007 songs, but none for these posts.)

The thing about covering this song is-you absolutely have to do the four-part harmonies!

No four-part harmonies, no go.

So, without any further ado, my favorite song to hum, probably ever.

Grizzly Bear - Knife

No comments: