Wednesday, October 17, 2007

makes me feel old.

You know that I don't usually post newer stuff, but honestly...this is one of my fucking jams.

Ted knows, I've been riding for Chromeo. Since before She's In Control, these dudes are the truth. The reason I even know about The Deele is because I saw Dave1 and P-Thugg (two 'g's so necessary!) big them up while citing influences. And "Rocket 2 U?" that was on one of their dope old school electro mixes. Like anything worth it's salt, they are a gift that keeps on giving.

Style icons, as well.

Their newest album has been out for a little bit now and it is great. They usually get love on other blogs and stuff, but not enough for my taste. Fancy Footwork is insane, from the title track to "Tenderoni" to "Opening Up" that shit bangs. Hard.

I really could only recommend a small child's handful of things released post-2000 more than this.

But...this one is my absolute favorite:

Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin' (Tough Guys)


Full Disclosure:

1. First time I ever put up a buy link. That recommended.
2. Chromeo were all over MTV last week between commercials. I've been meaning
to write about them for a while now, can't say that didn't remind me.
3. They just released the video for this song, (see here) another reminder.
4. I'll get back to old stuff next.

5. This post is also a shout out to Jordan in Washington. Just because.

No comments: