Monday, October 15, 2007

day and night.

In 1986, (the album was released in 1987, but I presume that it was written in '86) Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and Antonio "L.A." Reid wrote what I consider to be one the best love songs ever sung by human beings. This also just so happened to be my year of birth. Coincidence? I like to think not.


The Deele were the group that contained Babyface & L.A. (this is before they went on to start Laface records. Which means before TLC, OutKast, millions of dollars, a split between the once great friends and Eddie Murphy eventually making Babyface's wife his own. Ouch.)

Waaaay before this.

Great lyrics, true sentiment, flawless melodies, it's all there. Honestly, If I ever get married, (ha!) this will play as I stumble onto my wife's foot for our first dance.

Additionally: If I ever DJ a wedding (looking right at you: Jake, Elena, Ben, Teddy, etc.) you must dance to this
at some point in the evening as your mothers and fathers weep.

The Deele - Two Occasions

No comments: