Thursday, October 11, 2007

she's got the smoke in her eyes.

I found a copy of this:


...at the rad thrift store across the street from my pal's crib. I also managed to snag this and this.

Speaking In Tongues contains one of my absolute favorite Talking Heads jams ever in the form of "Girlfriend Is Better" An awesome song*, (the live version on Stop Making Sense rules a bit harder, but whatever) but I'm afraid that I don't really know about how much better life is with a significant other.

Now, the actual verse lyrics to the song do not make any discernible sense as far as I can tell, but the chorus does seem to imply that the girlfriend in question is
"...moving up going right through my heart"

I'm pretty sure that he means that in a good way, but honestly, who the hell knows?

(*Teddy introduced me to this jam through a mix that he sent me. Eerily enough, he just sent me some remixes that he's completed. Expect them up next.)

.

Talking Heads - Girlfriend Is Better

No comments: