Thursday, October 25, 2007

true to you.

I have managed to not write anything about The Smiths or Morrissey on this here site. I honestly have no clue as to why. No good excuses...nothing.

Shame!

Lads at ease.

In case you weren't aware, The Smiths are my all-time favorite band, and a Mr. Steven Patrick Morrissey is my choice for greatest songwriter in the English language.

I am far from the only person who believes this, for the Smiths/Morrissey freaks are many. So, because I have neglected my duties as Smiths and Moz fan, today we shall get into part one of a three part Smiths series!

For these three, I'll stick to The Smiths, but I'm fairly certain that this will be an ongoing series, so please do not mistake this as anywhere near all-encompassing. The Smiths/Morrissey combined catalog is getting deeper every year but I'll just be putting up a few personal favorites. There are many.

.

First up, a gorgeous song about patience.

"I know a place where we can go
Where we are not known"

The Smiths - These Things Take Time

No comments: