Wednesday, October 24, 2007

idolize, hypnotize.

This three-cd set was sent to me by the fine folks over at Gigantic music. I got it early because of the type of jams that I usually post. Upon hearing it, I was only further convinced about the true genius of Ike Turner.

Now don't get me wrong, beating women is a truly horrible thing, (almost as bad as beating up animals) but Ike really was a virtuoso and an innovator. This all seems to unfortunately get lost in the haze of drug/woman abuse and Tina's subsequent rise in the 80's. (Another thing, those 80's Tina songs fucking suck.)

Marital bliss.

The best example of Ike + Tina truly coming together in song and voice is "Idolize You." It is also a type of complimentary song to "Quicksand" in a strange way.

Ike & Tina Turner - Idolize You

No comments: