Thursday, November 15, 2007

in a spin.

Court let out early today. Yay!

I don't have to be convinced about Kurtis Mantronik's genius, that is obvious. But house still hasn't grabbed me by the proverbial horns and made me a full-on believer yet. Electro, electronic, Italo, Eurobeat, freestyle, even IDM have had their moments in my lair of jams (don't ask.) But house...not so much.

Actually, too much. You could always start at the beginning, but...Jesus, that sure is a a lot to rake through and...ah, whatever. Someday.

Until then, one of Mantronik's later-period epics.

This song just makes me feel really good. It's about a very specific kind of love, the head-over-heels type. The gist of the song is that this girl sees a guy, instantly falls madly in love with him and her subsequent questioning of his ability to know (before she did) that she would want to touch him.

She wants to tell him how she's been "walking on clouds" and "spellbound" about him. Pretty vain on the part of both parties if you ask me, but I digress...

Cool electronic cover art.

Kurtis Mantronik - How Did You Know?

No comments: