Friday, November 2, 2007

sit and softly croon.

This one will be broken into two parts: the one where I check Wikipedia for facts, and the one in which I recall all that I know about Thin Lizzy (with "help" from what I remember from their Behind the Music episode. That I saw when I was 14.)

Random Behind the Music memories:

-Lead singer named Phil.

-Also known as the "Black Irishman"

-He died young.


-"The Boys Are Back In Town" was based in reality/booze. (???)


Facts from Wikipedia:

-Phil's last name was Lynott

-They were influenced by Bob Seger and Van Morrisson

-
"Lynott is one of the few black men to achieve significant success in hard rock" (???)

Anyways, I came across this song whilst trying to download "The Boys Are Back In Town." This one is way better...and the title is super creepy.

It could be about either a shotgun wedding or an incestous relationship/pregnancy. (Ew.)

Thin Lizzy - Little Girl In Bloom (Peel Session)

No comments: